College Board is pleased to announce the launch of the Chinese Language Assessment Institute (CLAI) in the summer of 2020. The Institute will gather Chinese language educators from the USA, China and other countries for a 10-day intensive program on the campus of Beijing Language and Culture University.
The goals of the Institute are to:
- Offer Advanced Placement® (AP®) Chinese professional development
- Introduce HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) assessment and share best practices on assessment and instruction
- Develop authentic and contemporary cultural teaching materials
- Foster professional relationships and dialogue between Chinese language educators from the USA, China and other countries
July 1-10, 2020
- Full-time K-12 Chinese language teachers who have been teaching Chinese for a minimum of 2 years and are currently or will be teaching AP® Chinese in the coming school year are invited to complete an online application.
- Participants must have a valid passport to travel.
Costs Covered by the Institute
- Tuition and study materials
- Lodging on campus
- Program transportation
- Breakfast and lunch
- Cultural activities